In the video, see the highly efficient and uniquely versatile Stronga FlowDrya 30 model drying saturated wood chip for combustion in biomass boilers.
Stronga help customers enjoy the financial incentives offered by the R-enewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme using our proven FlowDrya drying solutions. Using FlowDrya, clients with saturated woodchip can now suitably reduce woody biomass moisture content for combustion in biomass boilers. Resulting high calorific wood fuel helps clients to r-educe the reliance on fossil fuels.
Stronga have a wealth of experience drying woodchip, wood shavings, bark and sawdust using our FlowDrya system. Throughout the year, FlowDrya continues to use spare heat (i.e. from CHP or green biomass boiler) for drying saturated timber in all its forms.
The benefits of using FlowDrya to dry woodchip for biomass renewable energy include; making good use of spare residual heat throughout the year (CHP or biomass boiler capacity); significantly lowering wood handling, storage and transport costs; increasing wood fuel sales and spare wood utilisation possibilities (forestry trimmings & sawmill residue); and enjoying the substantial financial incentives from the R-enewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme (UK only).
In the video, discover the woodchip drying process:
1. Saturated woodchip, wood shavings, bark or sawdust (and much more) can be loaded into the pre-mixing and pre-heating FlowDrya hopper to initiate evaporative drying.
2. Woodchip to be dried is delivered under an adjustable depth control weir gate onto the moving drying bed.
3. On the FlowDrya moving drying bed, woodchip flows in a unique PulseWave motion which mixes and inverts the material for a consistently uniform dry output.
4. A flux of warm drying quality air flows from the attached Heatex air control module, up through the ventilated moving drying bed and directly into the saturated woody biomass. Woodchip dryness is controllable via the easy-to-operate DryStation control console, allowing the user to suitably r-educe moisture content for biomass boilers.
5. Dry woodchip output can be discharged via optional onward conveying systems. Woodchip is often conveyed into heaps for moisture equalisation of varying sized chip. FlowDrya continues to produce consistently uniform dry chip output, improving the quality of the final bio energy.
6. Dry woodchip is eventually combusted in biomass boilers to produce bio energy
Stronga FlowDrya is fully compatible for use with UK’s R-enewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme. Our team support clients with RHI application by connecting them with our network of advisers, and providing technical data and thermal calculations. Stronga highly re-commend that clients in the following sectors consider FlowDrya to add value while optimising waste heat utilisation:
• Sawmills with saturated woodchip for conversion into dry renewable bio fuel.
• Estates with available forestry or timber to be chipped, dried and sold as renewable biomass boiler fuel.
• Bio fuel suppliers growing their business by extending their ability to reliably supply dry woodchip to the biomass market.
• Clients with under-utilised biomass boilers who can use the state capacity to create dry renewable fuel.
• Clients with waste wood who can increase their financial income working as a dry wood chip fuel supplier.
Stronga FlowDrya is designed for optimum efficiency and performance, offering great value in the form of lowest cost per tonne dried. All-in-one FlowDrya ensures superb drying versatility, extending the client’s ability to dry a range of materials.
Stronga FlowDrya is a low temperature, low energy drying solution, ensuring safe and efficient drying of various saturated woody biomass streams. FlowDrya can be fitted with excellent options to maximise efficiency and optimise productivity:
• Optional onward conveying systems automatically discharge woodchip into external stores for equalisation.
• Optional in-feed systems and extension hoppers increase loading capacity for extended periods of unsupervised operations and reduced labour working hours.
In addition to drying various wood streams for biomass energy, FlowDrya can dry a whole range of materials, leading to long-term financial profitability and productivity. Discover a few of the drying possibilities: cereals, fruits, nuts, compost, poultry manure, separated and raw digestate, sewage sludge, RDF waste, SRF waste, organic fraction waste and much more.
Discover more about the Stronga woodchip drying solutions:
Visit Stronga on Facebook:
Follow Stronga on Twitter: